The U.S. economy surprisingly contracted at a pace of 1.4 percent in the first quarter of this year. The significance of that — and the silver lining to the report — are our first topics on today’s show. A historic drought in the American West takes its toll on several states, and an Illinois home renovation reveals a classic combo.
1. In what chamber of the U.S. Congress do Democrats currently have control by the slimmest of margins?
2. What U.S. political party is widely expected to make gains in the upcoming Midterm Elections?
3. Name the president of France, who became the first leader of his country to win re-election in 20 years.
4. Name the French politician who received a historic number of votes for a National Rally candidate, though she was defeated in the election.
5. On the 125th anniversary of the release of a Bram Stoker novel, a record attempt is being planned at Britain’s Whitby Abbey for the largest number of people dressed as what?
6. Name the billionaire businessman who has bought Twitter for about $44 billion, a deal which has received both praise and criticism.
7. As technology advances in facial and fingerprint ID for online account access, experts say the world’s most commonly used password is what?
8. Polysomnography, which was discussed in Thursday’s show, is the study (or the comprehensive test) of what activity?
9. What measure of the U.S. economy shrank at a pace of 1.4 percent during the first three months of this year?
10. In what U.S. state have some residents been ordered to limit their outdoor watering to one day per week, as 100 percent of the state is being impacted by drought?American West takes its toll on several states, and an Illinois home renovation reveals a classic combo.
CNN 10 serves a growing audience interested in compact on-demand news broadcasts ideal for explanation seekers on the go or in the classroom. The show’s priority is to identify stories of international significance and then clearly describe why they’re making news, who is affected, and how the events fit into a complex, international society.
Thank you for using CNN 10